Sunday, July 7, 2019

Unknowingly Convicted of a Violation in Eugene Municipal Court

I can't remember the name of the judge in Eugene Municipal Court that found me guilty of a violation without me even knowing about it back in 2006 or 2007. The violation was for something like "interfering with government administration" or something like that. All I remember is spending a night in jail for an alleged misdemeanor by the same name, seeing a judge the next day, being told that the government was offering me violation treatment with a sentence of time served, and telling the judge "that doesn't sound too bad." He then told me to sit down, I was taken back to my cell, and I was later released. That was it. The next week I called an attorney in Portland who looked me up and told me that I had been convicted so there was nothing he could do for me. I don't remember the name of the Eugene Police officer that arrested me either. I just remember telling him "no" and to "get a warrant" when he asked permission to search my place. Then he said I was under arrest of interfering or obstructing him in some way.#eugenemunicipalcourt #wrongfulconvictions #eugenepolicedepartment

source https://copblaster.com/blast/141/unknowingly-convicted-of-a-violation-in-eugene-municipal-court

No comments:

Post a Comment